mercredi 26 novembre 2008

Une petite berceuse avant de s'endormir.

Une de mes chansons préférées, une de mes artistes favorites (Kate Bush). Spéciale dédicace à Vir. Excusez la qualité : la vidéo date de 1979 !

Oh! England, my Lionheart,
I'm in your garden, fading fast in your arms.
The soldiers soften, the war is over.
The air raid shelters are blooming clover.
Flapping umbrellas fill the lanes--
My London Bridge in rain again.

Oh! England, my Lionheart!
Peter Pan steals the kids in Kensington Park.
You read me Shakespeare on the rolling Thames--
That old river poet that never, ever ends.
Our thumping hearts hold the ravens in,
And keep the tower from tumbling.

Oh! England, my Lionheart,
I don't want to go.

Oh! England, my Lionheart!
Dropped from my black Spitfire to my funeral barge.
Give me one kiss in apple-blossom.
Give me one wish, and I'd be wassailing
In the orchard, my English rose,
Or with my shepherd, who'll bring me home.


Bonne nuit, les copains !

2 commentaires:

Marlou a dit…

J'adore découvrir de nouvelles choses! Merci d'avoir mis cette vidéo car je ne connaissais pas! C'est très jolie et très agréable à écouter!

Dawn a dit…

Oui, et Kate a écrit pleins d'autres chansons tout aussi adorables. Je te promets une petite sélection pour bientôt. Bisou.